The Kids That Rock Guitar Workshop is designed to engage and inspire pupils to develop a love of music and incorporates many musical elements within the National Curriculum for Key Stages 1,2 and 3.
In addition to Schools, the workshop is suitable for: Home Education Groups, Scout Groups, Festivals, Community Events and Private Parties.
Why not contact us to discuss ideas for your next project?
Step by step, we can learn to play along to modern pop and classic rock music that children can relate to. Every pupil will play a part, regardless of ability, resulting in the whole class playing together as a band. Get the school camera ready!
The videos below show what can be achieved, in just one taster session!
Year 5 from Excalibur Primary (Cheshire) performing “Someday”…
Year 3/4 From Ranby C of E, (Notts), performing Sweet Child O’ Mine to the school…
Year 3/4 From Ranby C of E, (Notts), performing the Batman Theme to the school…
Below is a photo montage, with “The PLACE Programme” (Home education group) providing the bass guitar part for Sweet Child O’ Mine…
Pupils from Pikemere Primary School Playing The Blues…
Year 4 Pupils from Excalibur Primary School learning how to play Sweet Child O’ Mine.
Here is a gallery of various schools and groups who have learned guitar through Kids That Rock…
- One session will result in the whole class performing together
(follow on sessions can progress pupils skills further)
- Many options to suit your school (1 hour per class taster sessions or choose a topic for the whole day)
- Based in the Midlands, but will travel to most of the UK.
- Performance assembly option for whole school and parents (mostly suitable for years 4-6)
- Pupils can explore different genres of music, including: Classical, Blues, Reggae, Rock & Roll, Jazz, Classic Rock and Pop.
- Learn about musical terms such as: tempo, structure, pitch, duration, texture and musical notations and even opportunities for composition.
- The Kids That Rock Guitar Workshop can be the gateway to pupils acquiring a guitar and progressing further by their own efforts.
For more information or a friendly chat about the workshop please call, text or Email Matt on
Mobile: 07737 007 692
Find music workshops for primary schools
in this online directory of school workshop providers.